Okay, okay…it’s not Wednesday yet. However, it seems I landed an award.
Thank you to Irina for the award. Her answers are here if you want to read them. Irina’s been my senpai ever since I started blogging on WordPress, so to use the time-honoured meme, I’m glad senpai noticed me.
- It is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition.
- This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion
- The award was created by Okoto Enigma.
The Guidelines for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Notify your nominees by
leaving a comment onlinking to their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- (Apparently Hat’s edition has a “Share a link to your best post” rule as well, so I’ll put this link here.)
Things about myself
Uh…I’ve actually divulged a lot about myself if you know where to look, so I’ll try and think of things Irina doesn’t know…
I saw Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic in cinemas.
That’s probably the best $20 I’ve ever spent in regards to cinemas so far.
I owned a Nokia for 6 years.
Does anyone remember Nokia and their brick phones anymore in this day and age? The extremely durable brick phone, which is nothing like the bending/exploding/what have you so-called “smart” phones of today?
To save myself some description, I tracked down a Wikipedia page of the phone I had, which brings back memories…like subjecting that phone to a hailstorm…
but that’s a story for another award.
The thing had to be retired because I was still on 2G while the world moved on to 4G (apparently in Korea there’s 5G, but I dunno about that).
My favourite seiyuu is Yuichiro Umehara.
That voice of his is so good that I don’t care if you think casting him as Bakugo in the Boku no Hero Academia vomic was a mistake.
What skill do you wish you had? Why?
The skill to write a convincing CV and resume, because you can still be rubbish at writing them even after you get specialised lessons on how to write them.
If only job hunting weren’t so hard…
What is your go to comfort food?
A very specific type of mie goreng.
What’s the thing you admire the most about your best friend?
I think I lost the concept of “best friend” since I believed childhood friends should stick together forever, but all of my friends are the sort who I imagine are much more optimistic than this poor sod (i.e. me). Even one sometimes-grumpy friend-of-a-friend who got co-opted into my friendship circle about 5 years back is more optimistic than I am.
…At least, that’s in my opinion. I might be exaggerating a little…
Any good manga I should read?
If you’re past the Stain arc of Boku no Hero Academia in either anime or manga format, its spinoff Vigilantes is the way to go. It’s serialised on Viz’s website and will be in print next year. It’s the very reason why this blog is the Animanga Spellbook and not just about anime – because I wanted to post about it as chapters went up.
If you want something that’s in print already and aren’t squeamish (or eating anything), the aforementioned Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service is great. The translator notes and references in the Dark Horse edition are the best, although they’re mostly for very old, very niche things like Japanese politicians, obscure singers and giant robot anime creators. The art’s no slouch, but the overarching plot has quite a few holes it has to fill (luckily, it’s ongoing).
Apparently the Ore Monogatari manga is out there somewhere being released by Viz, so if you need something that isn’t those two, I’ll use that as a counterpoint.
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Apparently 11 metres per second…?
I went and checked the archives of every blogger I know off the top of my head, so I’ll list off:
I don’t really know the aniblogging community too well (I’m quite sure I haven’t plumbed the depths of it just yet even though I’ve lurked in it for just under a year now), so I’ve stuck to Irina’s 5 bloggers.
- What is your favourite condiment?
- If you were at an all-you-can-eat buffet with absolutely every food you could think of, what sort of food would you start with?
- What is one particular buzzword/phrase that catches your ire a lot?
- What do you think about light novel-to-anime adaptions?
- What do you think will be one trend in 2018 (in regards to anime adaptions)?
Thank you so much for answering and in such a great way too. Ok noting down Corpse Delivery Service.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s rated 16+ for a reason, but it’s worth it.
LikeLiked by 1 person