This blog really isn’t that neat. I’m still getting some of the kinks worked out of this blog’s organisational system, for one.
Kudos to Irina for the nomination. If you’re still as new to these circles as my blog is, Irina not only tackles anime, but occasionally other things like visual novels, loot boxes and blog promotional projects (like the oft-mentioned blogwarming party).
- Display the award logo. (above)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog. (done)
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you. (Getting there…)
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers.
- Ask them 7 questions.
What’s the best thing you got for the holidays?
If we’re talking about the holidays that just passed, I only got one present (headphones)
…but I then found them going for really cheap at the shops, so that’s a bummer. Luckily, I did use my own money to get Short Peace (which I tackled earlier this week), so that would count as an answer.
Is there a funny typo you make every time?
It’s not particularly funny, it’s more embarrassing actually…
After I started watching Gurren Lagann, it turns out I believed it was “Gurren Langan” the entire time I’d known about the show, and had kept on correcting myself and pronouncing it as such. I think I even had a little phase where I had to catch myself out for doing those incorrect corrections…I don’t do it anymore though.
What piece of anime merch do you wish you had (if it existed)?
I’ve wanted this Nendoroid ever since they announced it on the Boueibu twitter. Due to various reasons, I (of course) haven’t bought it.
What crossover would you like to see?
…Now see, this is what fanfiction is for. If I wanted a crossover, I’d make it myself.
What is the last thing you picked up off the floor (that you didn’t drop)?
A paperclip. It was in someone’s stuff.
Is there an anime you love that never quite makes it into your list of favourites?
Detective Conan/Case Closed.
Of course you can see why it hasn’t made it to the list of favourites, even if you have only the foggiest of ideas about its monumental reputation and length – the movies are often nonsensical, it’s extremely formulaic and the manga’s English release will never speed up past one-every-yearly-quarter because the series has bombed in the Western world in the past.
Despite this, it’s still one of the most instrumental shows of my anime “career” and I’ve almost caught up to every English manga release ever. I still have plans to get my hands on one of the disc sets one of my local sublicensing companies put out a few years ago…
The one problem with that set is that it’s 52 episodes, and if you know how pricey anime discs are for even 12 episodes, you’ll understand there’s always something more affordable available whenever I go to anime stores…
What was your most recent anime let down?
Joker Game. It could’ve been something in the vein of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (which is why I considered it while it was being simulcast, but then put it on hold), but I just couldn’t tell the men of D Agency apart aside from Colonel Yuuki and Sakuma. Unfortunately, even when Miyoshi(?) took the stage in episode 3, I just couldn’t be thrilled by it.
Then again, I’d seen some similar reactions from a lot of other people (including the ABC Reviews from Jon Spencer Reviews, which gave me the idea to make a decision on it) and so I knew I’d have a reaction of that variety someday. I just made it sooner rather than later.
I don’t really remember seeing this award around, so if you’ve done it before, feel free to answer my questions in the comments:
- Shokamoka (because Irina exempted you from this one!)
- shaddowcat99 (Exploring Anime and Manga)
- Why do you think Amazon’s Anime Strike failed? (If you want to dedicate a post to it later, feel free to summarise your ideas.)
- If you see a spider, what’s your first reaction to it?
- Do you have a favourite anime studio/mangaka, and if so, why do you like them?
- If you could reinvent yourself as a magical girl/boy, what would you call yourself and what would your theme/s be? (e.g. Sailor Moon‘s themes involve love, justice and the universe)
- What is your favourite dessert?
- If you could end a long-running anime/manga series (with it getting an ending that ties up all loose ends), which series would you end and why?
- If you could get rid of one anime genre, what would it be and why?
Update: Turns out one question was missing. Oops…