Whoo! 500 likes and counting!
…but I’ve got a question: how do these hybrid award posts work, exactly?
By blending up award posts, it gets to a point where you can’t recognise what the original was and nobody’ll want to continue the chain. That’s a real shame, because nominating others is an honour and getting nominations means just as much…
Thank you to Mirror Purple for opening up this post to everyone. Mirror Purple isn’t someone I’ve interacted with a lot but they seem like a nice person. Plus, it seems they’re the only person who likes Hajimete no Gal around these parts, which is a pretty brave thing to admit considering what I’ve heard about the censorship on that show…
I’ve already got the Mystery Blogger Award and the Unique Blogger Award, so I’ll just display the missing one and nick the rules for the corresponding award from backtracking instead.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you. (Done.)
- Answer the 11 questions they ask. (I only have 5 questions…so I’ll append 6 facts about myself.)
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the same award in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family.
- Ask them 11 questions that you are dying for the answers to!
Mirror Purple’s Questions
- Do you drink alcohol? If yes, alcohol preference? If no, what drink you like?
I have only had alcohol (a bit of red wine and a bit of white wine, both at the same event) once. I didn’t like them…at all.
I used to like apple juice a lot before I ended up having it a few days in a row one time. For some reason, lately I’ve been into matcha and items flavoured like it (but not green tea) so one of those matcha drinks in a beer tumbler with the icecream on the top and red beans at the bottom would be nice…but I like bubble tea just as much…and lemon tea…heck, normal tea is nice too…
…why’s it so hard to choose, dangit?! (I guess it’s pretty obvious I’m not a coffee person though, right?)
- Pasta or ramen?
Ramen’s nice, pasta’s nice…why not just have both? *cue Mexican music*
- Do you believe in romance irl?
Not really. I guess it just comes down to romantic experiences I’ve had – I got chocolates from a guy on one Valentine’s Day but kept rejecting his invitations to go out…Even though he was nice to talk about anime with (knowing him, he’s probably currently watching Pop Team Epic), upon retrospect I get the feeling he was more into the “illusion” of me (mostly quiet and studious) and sides of me I rarely show (the frenzied state I get into when talking about anime, some tsundere tendencies I have when I get carried away) rather than the entire package. I think that’s what made me reject so much, even more so than other factors.
He’s the sort of guy you’d think of when it comes to “a stereotypical otaku”, by the way, which probably didn’t help matters.
I did have a fleeting thing for a different guy, but that was probably too transient to be called a “crush”. Maybe I’m just 2D-dude-sexual…?
- Dream job?
Currently I’m leaning towards “anything involving cryptography”, even though it apparently involves some level of complex maths…which just means a lot of pain for me.
- Dream life in the future?
I think I’ll keep it simple – all debts paid, steady income, well-paying and enjoyable job (enough to actually pay for subscriptions to anime services, manga and merch + live off), enough time to actually have some downtime and all other essentials covered. Plus that trip to Japan I wanted has to have happened, or else it ain’t the “dream life”…
- The worst injury I ever had was tripping over a grate and getting a permanent gash on one knee.
- There’s a poem I wrote when I was younger – it went something like “I wish I were an illustrator/drawing pictures for a book/in a room/quietly”. I seem to recall that was hard to come up with because it didn’t sound very glamorous.
- For the past few months I’ve been scouring libraries for non-fiction books, mostly hovering around the 700ish section (where a lot of “artsy” non-fiction books are kept, including the anime and manga non-fiction books). The book I mention in the Sunrise post is under 777 at my local library, if I remember right.
- At one point, I was considering calling the Spellbook “Heart Hope’s Hypotheticals”, with “Heart Hope” being the magical girl name of an OC. At the time, I was thinking more along the lines of what TPAB does with the Girl in Summer Shorts. (Considering the content I’ve produced thus far, I don’t think “hypotheticals” is the right word to describe what I do, so I’m glad I decided on something else.)
- My starting sword in Touken Ranbu was Kashuu, because Kashuu’s VA Toshiki Masuda voices Ryuu Zaou in Boueibu as well.
- When it comes to -dere types, I’m hard to pin down, but I’m somewhere between tsundere and kuudere for the most part. (I’m probably more defensive than physically aggressive for the tsundere parts.)
- Who’s your favourite sword in Touken Ranbu? (If you’re not familiar with the game, then Google the wiki’s character page and pick one you like.)
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- What sort of reality shows do you like? (Or are you not a fan of reality TV at all?)
- Is there a a strange nickname you have that has a story behind it?
- Do you think people perceive you through an “illusion” or “stereotype”?
- What’s one show you think is underrated? Now’s the chance to pitch it in 5 sentences.
- What’s the most chuunibyou name you’ve given yourself online?
- What mobile game would make a great anime? (To make this easier for people who don’t know that many mobile games, mobile games with anime in the spring 2018 season or further in time also count for this one.)
- It’s an extremely hot summer – where’s the first place you imagine yourself and what are you doing there?
- What’s the longest period of time you’ve procrastinated for, and did you get away with not doing the task in the end?
- Is there a show you believe to have run for way too long? (To prevent the obvious answers like One Piece, this question is restricted to shows with 2 to 15 seasons.)
I think a lot of people have had this award already, so I’ll pick a few and open it up to the rest if they want to take it up.