(To be honest, I would be.)
This one’s from Moya and by extension, Cactus Matt. He’s linked below though…
- Link back to the original post on Anime QandA so they can check out everyone’s picks!
- Use the ‘Build A Harem’ logo somewhere in the post. (below, it was sourced from the original post since Moya didn’t have it)
- Make sure to mention the person who nominated you too! (done)
- Pick 5 anime characters (any show & any gender) that would be in your ideal harem if you were the main character of a harem anime, explain a little bit as to why they are your picks (if you want).
- Make sure each character you pick falls into some of the following harem character types: Childhood friend, tom boy/girl, genki girl/boy, loli/shota, trap, tsundere, yandere, kuudere, dandere, etc. (If there’s a character you’ve picked that doesn’t specifically fall into one of these types or falls into multiple types that’s fine too!)
- Nominate 5 people to participate in this tag!
If there’s one thing I never considered having, it’s my own harem. I’ve been trying to list off a bunch of fine-lookin’ guys in other posts, but having them vying for me would be ridiculous…
I decided to splurge on the first volume of the Kenka Bancho Otome manga recently, and its heavy focus on Kira made me realise how perfect of a character he is for this position. Thus, Rintarou is my first choice.
Sidebar: Chie Shimada, author of the Kenka Bancho Otome manga, calls Rintarou “Kira-rin” and it’s such a cute nickname that I’d probably call him that too, just to tease him. I wonder how he’d react to it…?
Tokitaka’s my boy from Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori, but if we need a tsundere, Tsubaki is the one I’d pick because he’s a tsundere type B (“dere” by default). It’s Tsubaki’s food that gets featured in the show more often than not as well, so it would be a bonus to get some of those wagashi, cakes and other sweets free of charge…even if I had to pay for them, I can pretend I didn’t have to, can’t I?
It’s not a standard harem archetype, but in shows where the cast is all one gender, it’s a bit of a common trend to have a responsible “caretaker” character and the one that the caretaker has to pick up after, which is what I mean by “the slob” – for instance, Rin in New Game! is the caretaker while Kou is the slob.
This is just a sorry excuse to shoehorn in En from Boueibu anyway, so I’ll drop the pretenses. (I can’t have a harem without En-chan, after all.) It also means I’d get Atsushi as a bonus since you pretty much never get En without Atsushi, so…major win!
According to the game – which is the only place you ever see Boueibu boys actually interact with a girl, to be honest – En is a bit of a tease to his object of affection, which definitely adds another dimension to this harem.
Deredere (+ shota)
Bell is 14 while the rest at least look like they’re 17 or above (Kira-rin is 16 though…eh, close enough), which is why he holds the position of shota as well. Since he’s in an anime called Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, he’s the most predictable of the lot when it comes to romance, since Kira-rin’s kinda stoic and yet shows affection through his actions.
Bell’s shown himself to be very sweet, kind and everything else a reverse harem protagonist would ever want in a guy, except for the fact he seems a bit oblivious to some people’s feelings if he’s not close enough to them. Now if he didn’t fixate on Aiz or have his own harem, everything would be perfect…
…I’m not a yandere though, so if I had any competition I’d have to ask someone else from the harem to fight on my behalf (politely, of course).
Now, from what I’ve read nyanderes are only girls, but I’m kind of offended because I know of a character who would work and who’s not a girl: Hans from Rokka no Yuusha. Being an assassin, he could either function as a yandere or a protector in a harem, but he’s plenty mysterious as it is so I think I’ll leave him that way.
I’ve seen this tag go around quite a bit, so apologies if I doubled up with anyone else’s nominations. As always, feel free to decline if your name isn’t Shoka:
- Shoka – here’s something he might appreciate for once.
- Mel – Lina’s done this tag already and Arthifis is on hiatus, but I need someone else to feel my pain from the challenge…
- Plyasm – he did say he wanted to do more stuff like this in the future on the post I just linked, but considering the top post says he’s going through some issues…well, it’s worth a try anyway.
- …and I’ll finish this list off with AstralGemini.
This tag was difficult, since inevitably there was going to be a lot of crossover between the challenge and this tag…
So, would this harem work out? Would it be better if someone were substituted out, and if so, who?