Fate/Zero eps. 17 – 20: Things go to hell. We see the background of Kiritsugu, see Kirei finally start to live a little…and Rider starts his attack on Saber.
- Number of Times Waver Appears: 1
- Dangit, B*stard Archer. Disappearing just after you provoked Kirei…
- Oh! I found the Avalon scene confusing at first, but now that they explain it, it makes a lot more sense.
- “As I live and breathe, Kirei!” – Sounds mighty ironic for a meant-to-be-dead historical figure to say that.
- We jump to someone else’s story…or do we?
- For some reason, I think this beach place is based on Okinawa. (It seems like the best match.)
- “This isn’t a game.” – Seems highly ironic, given his current situation.
- I know Kiritsugu is probably looking into Shirley’s eyes, but all they show is the boobs downwards, so I imagine it to be fanservice.
- That shaking was just to disguise the bad animation, wasn’t it…?
- …and suddenly, zombies!
- Well, that’s great, Kiritsugu. You ended up burning down a village by association. Good job…
- “Vampires.” – Well, that wasn’t the word I was expecting…
- For some reason, I think this new arrival is a woman, but now that I get a proper look at their face, they kinda look like the Great B*stard (Gilgamesh). Update: It looks like they have cleavage, but then they also kinda resemble Samatoki (Hyp Mic)…so, uh…I dunno. Update 2: Okay, she’s a woman…Natalia, to be precise.
- The houses on fire look a lot like the ones in Katsugeki, come to think of it.
- Wait, what’s a Mystic Code again…?
- Oh, I didn’t think this show would do it, but there’s a good few seconds of recap. I know, because I had to skip it.
- Oh, the reason Kiritsugu doesn’t seem to ally with the Association or the Church is because Natalia wasn’t part of either. Right…I’m so dumb.
- Am I just reading into Kiritsugu’s pose here too much, or does he look like Christ the Redeemer a bit…?
- There’s something oddly pretty about Vorzak. Then again…it’s too bad he’s designated to be dead.
- I could tell Kiritsugu was CGI for a second…but he was in fog. Dangit, Ufotable. You know how to disguise your CGI well.
- …Okay, those bees were very CGI. Scrap what I just said.
- Bees on a plane. What a way to die.
- I’ve noticed Kiritsugu’s eyes don’t have any pupils in them. They’re always kind of dead, but not in the same way En’s (<- from Boueibu) are.
- What happened to Kiritsugu’s mother…?
- The extended flashback seems to be the best way to my heart, assuming you can pull it off properly.
- What’s with that “sometime, somewhere”?
- (ep. 20 begins) – There hasn’t been a proper OP since 3 episodes ago.
- Was Maiya ever interested in Kiritsugu as a woman? This vague pseudo-harem sorta annoys me, which is why I need answers.
- The crows in this show aren’t very fluffy. Not that I have a problem with that…it’s just a bit random (and I’m typing that as I operate without much sleep, so you’re probably going to see even more randomness coming from my brain). Update for those who might not have figured it out: I was trying to stay 2 steps ahead, but other priorities, including the new seasonals, have caused me to fall behind earlier than I thought I would.
- Modanyaki. Never thought I’d be googling a Japanese concept for this anime.
- This sleeping bag Waver reminds me of Aizawa, but this is at least 4 years too early for that.
- I believe the bird is a bush warbler (uguisu), based on the colour.
- So this is where you learn what the f*** a Gordius Wheel is…right.(sounds a bit pissed)
- Seeing Kariya squirm…it makes me thank my lucky stars I had the sound off. My imagination makes the scene worse, though.
- So fakers beget fakers and killers beget killers, huh? Not surprising.
- “I’ve always told him he was doing the right thing.” – Because you didn’t know any better, huh, Iri?