I’ve been watching this tag make the rounds, ever since I discovered Pinkie made it, because one of its conditions is that everyone who comments is nominated…but then I got stuck on what I’d talk about if I did get it. Now I’ve got it, so no procrastinating on it anymore, I guess…(?)
- Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post.
- Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even youtuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a waifu, a husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson. Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory to a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Write why you love a piece of media so much! A book, a game, an anime, a movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself.
- Put on your rose tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact your are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays…<topic> is poopoo but back in my days…it was great”. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (should they so choose)
I’ve done 3 prompts. I was going to do more and then I realised I’d spent maybe 2 or 3 hours on the post already…
Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you love this so much!
In one of my soon-to-be published posts, I call Hypnosis Mic my “newest den of sin”. There ain’t nothing like 4 simultaneous manga, a rhythm game (albeit one with a lot of bugs which mean I access rewards and achievements when I shouldn’t be able to…
don’t tell anyone, but I’m happy about that), oodles of merch, lots of songs, lotsa bois (…I’m predictable, admit it) and an upcoming anime to make you swoon. In fact, now that even Japanese manga serialisation has moved to apps, one of the manga might have been the first time I was able to read a manga on its release date without additional delays…because my timezone is closer to Japan’s than the US’s, anything translated in English by a US-based company – including Shonen Jump, one of the best in the business for speedy official translations – incurs an additional day’s delay.
Sidebar: Speaking of which, the day I post this is one of said HypMic boi’s birthdays – namely Jyushi of the Nagoya division. Happy birthday, Jyushi!
Outside that, the fandom’s really active at the moment and there’s a bunch of talented fanartists, headcanon/scenario/what-have-you writers, meme makers
(HypMic memes are basically a den of sin in themselves!) and translators out there working in service of it. Also, despite the initial cancellation of one live event, it was streamed instead, which I don’t think I’ve heard of for any other anime event cancelled/postponed due to COVID-19…but that’s probably because I’m not paying attention to follow-up details on most fandoms anyway.
Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a waifu, a husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson? Tell us why you love them.
My husbando is, as anyone who’s been following this blog long enough will know, En Yufuin from (Binan Koukou Chikyuu) Boueibu (LOVE!). He’s lazy but not annoying, although he’ll always come through in a pinch if you need him to (and unlike Kyoutarou, he cares just enough to move the plot forward), he’s easy on the eyes and he’s hilarious. It’s a complete package, basically sealed by the deal he’s a magical boy counterpart to Sailor Mercury (which is basically Aria-bait and a kick in the nostalgia, all at once).
Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does an anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory to a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
I find every little thing has its story and I kept picking weird choices for this at first – my first choice was Echoes by Disclosure, which has a fast pace that I associate with agitation and, by extension, that weird mental state I was having in 2018, so it’s not a very good choice for this. However, during this lockdown period, I stumbled upon a YouTube documentary on Axtone Records cover art, so I have myself a perfect choice:
I discovered In My Mind while exploring the Swedish House Mafia (henceforth “SHM”) backlog around the time they disbanded in 2012 (they’re apparently back as I type this!) – see, Coldplay’s Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Paradise were remixed by SHM at the time, and this was also on their album, Until Now…If In My Mind sounds familiar, there was an even more popular Dynoro and Gigi D’Agostino version later on.
This is probably one of the songs I cherish the most from the Axtone Records label, because this is the first Axtone Records song I discovered (Axtone Records = Axwell’s music label and Axwell is part of SHM) – after hearing what the label could do on Until Now, I’d end up loving a lot of the label’s songs and the label’s early cover art, which is by a dude known professionally as BreakfastDesign…
BreakfastDesign’s cover art apparently took too long to produce, though…enough to be given the boot.
Aside from “everyone who comments”, here’s who I nominate – apologies in advance if you’ve been nominated already: