- I’m trying out my new computer for all the things I normally do and…thank goodness I don’t have to rely on my phone anymore for Crunchyroll! That was annoying me for a few months because it meant I wasn’t giving CR shows as fair a chance as other services’. Update: Then of course Funi struck that deal with Aniplex…then COVID-19 struck Funi and CR in fairly equal measure…
- Come to think of it, I had a (female) friend whose birthday was near Halloween and so they’d use it as an excuse to watch horror movies. I don’t see why girls had to be stereotyped as “overemotional wimps” – heck, the term “sissy” implies the wimp is a girl (someone’s sister), although studying Medea back in the day did hint this stereotyping goes further back than anyone thinks…
- I suspect Hiroyuki is an FtM person (I just have this feeling about it) and chose this name so that they (?) can be referred to by a gender-neutral name. That seems to be the trend in this show.
- Chi-chan actually says bai-baikin – baikin = germ and bai-bai is from “bye-bye”. I don’t have a problem with “bye-bicycle” as a substitute.
- I like the transition from “something red” (pimple) to red leaves.
- Is it just me, or did the font change between episodes? Maybe this ep. was provided by Aniplex directly and the last was done by CR (because last ep’s was the standard CR font and this one is more generic).
- Oh, LOL, Biore face cream. I think there might be a similar product sitting in my house somewhere.
- Maho’s annoying…but only in that way siblings are.
- If Takatsuki throws around the word “amazing”, Saori probably throws around the word “hate”.
- I really wanna make a joke about Nitori’s milkshake bringing all the girls to the yard, but the thought of that makes me laugh so hard, I can’t think of a good enough line to type…
- I feel like this “I want to go out with you!” thing didn’t have much buildup. I mean, the endgame is clearly Takatsuki and Nitori because they’ve been teasing it this entire time…at least, that’s how it looks to me. (Call me “traditional”, but in the rare case I like romances, I generally like the first option that’s put in front of me and then never really change my mind.)
- Note English doesn’t distinguish it much, but girls and guys have different ways of speaking. Some gender-bender series (in Japanese, of course) have the problem where the person with the changed gender has to adjust to speaking with different pronouns, sentence ending particles etc.
- I swear, if this were a Hollywood movie, I’d hear Is She Really Going Out With Him? over my speakers…
- Chiba’s mother is oddly supportive…
- That elbow bump Mako did…I can’t help but think it’s oddly gender-neutral…
- Those were scones, huh…? Didn’t recognise what they were.