- Seems aster is a type of purple flower.
- Why am I so worried that Shiki has uploaded her consciousness into cyberspace? I think Voyager (or was it a different Chris?) put that idea there…
- Why does Saikawa’s VR look like a TV set…?
- Ah, Saikawa’s lecture is accompanied by a Moe shirt. That psychedelic episode from earlier, where Saikawa runs up the walls, is starting to make more sense now..but only a little.
- …15 is F because hexadecimals start at 0. I knew that already.
- That is one psychedelic drink…it changes colours every time I look at it.
- The doctor’s limbs were cut off to get rid of the prints…? Update: So why were the feet removed? To get rid of evidence, right? What evidence?
- (TW: suicide, death) Death is a sort of freedom. That’s what some people think…like people with tinnitus, which I’ve heard commit suicide because they mentally can’t handle the sound of it.
- I think someone else’s comment is affecting my judgement of this episode. Namely, that a woman couldn’t have given birth and raised a child for 15 years without staining stuff and causing people to notice.
- You can’t shake hands! Not in this time of COVID-19! Not underwater! (I’m kidding about that first one, as you can probably tell.)
- I don’t know why, but that framed purple sunset has made a bit of an impression on me…
- Augh, so it was a romance between a girl and her uncle…blegh (?) (Now that I’ve been given more time to react to that, I don’t know what to think about that, really.)
- I bet there’s someone who’s going to wax metaphorical about how love is a chain that binds you to this earth…blah blah blah…
- University libraries (for the most part) are huge! This one is no different. No one ever goes in there to read books for fun, though…only geniuses do that…*thinks about what I said about the portrayal of genius pissing me off*
- Saikawa’s new shirt is eggplant (nasu…or nasubi, but you never see the “bi”).
- Should a formerly pregnant lady be smoking…?
- Sometimes I forget Japan still has the death penalty…
- Hmm…I got this feeling. When women characters are written by men, they seem enigmatic or one-dimensional, but you don’t get that feeling from men written by women. Maybe it’s the double standard…?
- Genius is something to be feared, praised…coveted and turned into a financial product at educational institutions and yet we lose a whole bunch of skills when we go into the workplace, out of underuse…*continues to grumble*
- Is a genius like Saikawa capable of love? I mean, Shiki was…
- Is that yellow block theft of evidence…?
- There’s a toy bear on the couch near Moe.
- What is free, though…aside from a swimming anime and the lack of money? Is being under rules “free”?
- LOL, I just realised Saikawa is using a Mac of some sort. It’s probably a Mac produced closer to 2015, because I remember seeing Mac monitors like those in school art rooms…and because when you google “1996 Mac” (1996 is when the source novel came out), you get a blocky ol’ thing for a monitor.
- LOL, Saikawa was a 3rd wheel all along.
- Why is the shirt an eggplant? In the age of emojis, the eggplant has a distinctly…sexual meaning…LOL.
This anime…it says a lot, but I feel like there were a few holes in the explanations. That said, it is a rare breed because it is (sort of?) the thing I’ve been looking for all along, in that it actually required my old IT knowledge to solve. The CGI is some good stuff though.
What are your thoughts on The Perfect Insider, now that I’m done with it?