- The purpose of this tag is very simple! Describe yourself through anime! To do this you will answer all of the questions below!
- After this is done you will tag 6 people to pass the tag onto! If you’re tagged for a second time you only have to tag 3 in your next post and 1 on your third attempt and should you so choose beyond. Tell us why you nominated these people!
- People who ask to be tagged should be added to your tag list with a link to their blog!
Tell something nice about them as well.<- cutting this point because Rose skipped it
- Remember to have fun with the tag and be proud of who you are, you are an amazing person and the fact that so many anime and anime characters share traits with you shows you are pretty breathtaking!
Describe a hobby or passion you have through an anime series! For example Shokugeki no Soma if you like cooking or Initial D if you like cars.
After thinking about it for a bit, the closest I can get is actually Outbreak Company. I love to keep my finger on the pulse of the anime and manga communities and then spread the news I gather, much like Shinichi does with the fantasy world. Japanese tweets I’ve translated for this purpose form part of the basis of my translation experience, although that’s not something I can slap on to a resume because I do this all via social media I run myself (the main examples being magicalgirlsandcerulean and occasionally my Twitter). Sometimes on those accounts, I’ll do personal things you probably shouldn’t show to a potential employer…not because the content is NSFW, but because you shouldn’t show so much of your private life to someone you don’t know so well.
(*lightbulb goes off in brain*…come to think of it, what Shinichi does is actually what you can do as a Coordinator of International Relations in the JET program, isn’t it? Just…y’know, that’s the fantasy version of it.)
Simplify yourself to an anime archetype (tsundere, dojikko, shota, shounen protagonist etc). Don’t overthink what an archetype is, go with your gut. Name a character that is also that archetype.
I’d like to think I’m a kuudere but thinking over my actions in the past, I do have an occasional tendency to physically lash out at people once I become comfortable with them or I’m in a frenzy because I’m talking about something I love (I’ve even gone “*kicks [person]*” over Discord before, although lately I haven’t done so because COVID means I’ve gone on there often enough to outright lose said tendency). So it’s actually an odd hybrid of kuudere and tsundere…which doesn’t seem to exist in anime, because anime archetypes aren’t so complex.
Describe your looks through comparing it with anime characters. You can decide how many!
(…What’s the point of being secretive if I describe myself?)
Since we’re watching Kanon for #AniTwitWatches, I share a few physical similarities with Mai from that series (uguu eyes aside). Due to a bit of a complex I developed at one point, I don’t really like to be seen without my hair up, although I normally don’t have big ribbons like she does. I’ve had this fringe/long hair combo for almost my entire life, to the point where I consider it part of my identity.
I’m not the type that tans easily, due to a combo of genetics and living in sunny places my entire life. It’s not quite as dark as Setsuna (from Sailor Moon‘s), but it’s close enough.
Describe your romantic bias and or sexuality through anime characters you find attractive.
Scott enabled me to talk about my husbandos not too long ago...so I’ll refer you to that post instead.
Tell us about your day to day life and what anime that would fit into! You can be creative here!
Due to a mixture of COVID and end-of-year things, my days are either lazing around at home/doing chores or half being at the charity store/travelling to and from the store/wandering the shopping street the store is in, half being at home/doing chores. It’s not particularly exciting, but considering I’m not selling my soul at a job that works me to the bone and gives me endless overtime like Doppo from Hypnosis Mic, I’ll take what I have.
Volunteering at said store is a retail job in everything but the pay. I have to call it “volunteering” because there’s a thing in the paperwork that says only a proper manager or higher can be paid for their services – anything I want from the store stock has to be either chosen to be thrown out first or I have to pay out of my own pocket for it (although even my manager is bound by this rule). I recently became the most senior volunteer once a week, despite having only volunteered at the store for about 2 years (give or take mandatory COVID closure), so I now have to act as manager on top of that.
The closest anime approximation I can give you for that is something like Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san, due to the massive amount of books I have to deal with, including an almost weekly purge and/or restocking of the bookshelves…
I don’t think anyone’s donated any “special yaoi books” yet, though.
Describe your hopes and dreams through an anime character.
My hopes and dreams are pretty boring these days:
- maybe do a Master’s in Translation if I can make it in (I already know anything higher, like an Honours course, is out of the question) and then do something with it if I get that far
- do the JLPT next year at the N2 level (if it’s not cancelled in my region again), maybe go for N1 if I need that to command enough respect from people (although apparently that’s not necessary in cases where people know what they’re doing when they ask for translators)
- have a stable enough income to do what I want/need with it (which may or may not be tied to the first point)
- and continue to stay healthy, sound of body and sane enough to not get wiped off the face of the earth like COVID was threatening to do this year.
You’ll notice COVID both put a wrecking ball through almost all those points and added that final point. Aside from the pandemic…for some reason, the top part of the list brings to mind Shizuku of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun/My Little Monster and her hyperfocus on studies…which is, admittedly, what I was like years ago…before all my academic scores started telling me I was worse than I thought I was at everything…
This seems to be a fairly new award, so