I’m not even finished with winter yet…
As usual, this goes from best to worst. Bold is Funi and friends, underline is CR, strikethrough is everything else I can’t access (Netflix, Amazon, HiDive etc.). There’s a lot to get hyped for this time, but also a lot to say “no” to.
- Fairy Ranmaru: The more I learn about this series, the more it looks like the return of Boueibu. Nothing’s gonna compare to how far I went in a year with HypMic, nosirree, but Fairy Ranmaru‘s trying its best right now. I get the feeling Takamatsu would have been here, had it not been for something (I seem to remember specifically that it was a health problem, but I have no evidence to back this up because Takamatsu also went on Twitter hiatus for the same while), and so we got the director of Ensemble Stars, Masakazu Hishida, instead. I wonder if this means anything will change? They even got a character designer who makes the holy characters (Andgy is their name) look like they came straight outta JJBA…and that, my internet friends, is pure awesome.
- Blue Reflection Ray: I heard about this series from Pete Davisson. Magical girls!!! Yes, I have been summoned!
- Moriarty 2: Makes sense that this would be high on my list, considering they introduced Mycroft at the end of season 1 and they’ll introduce Irene Adler in season 2.
- Iruma-kun 2: Likewise, this anime hinted at a new development. I heard about this while wandering around the fandom, but…lemme tell you, it’s gonna bring lotsa chaos to Iruma’s world.
- Zombieland Saga Revenge: There’s still some glaring gaps in the knowledge that need to be answered, such as what happened in Yugiri’s past.
- BnHA 5: I feel like although I still like the series, my goodwill for it is not as much as it used to be several tens of episodes ago, hence its entry here being lower than it used to be.
- Fruits Basket The Final: Still not caught up to this anime as of the time of writing. While I can still jump in straight away because I’ve finished the manga, it would still be better to have finished the 2nd season before getting into this.
- Shaman King (2021): I read the whole manga – although I finished it in Japanese on Magazine Pocket on a day where I had a headache not too long ago – so seeing it animated when I simultaneously have nostalgia for it (it was one of the first manga I remember reading, although definitely not the first) and yet also don’t (because I have zero experience with the first anime, plus it has some outdated stereotypes which may not jive with modern readers *thinks about Lyserg Diethel and his fairy Morphine…*).
- Bishonen Tanteidan: *looks at title* Yes, I have been summoned!
- SSSS.Dynazenon: You gave me Gridman?! With Ume?!?
- To Your Eternity: I cursed when I saw this was getting an anime for the first time. This is an anime of a manga I seriously thought worked best in the manga style, so now saying “I’m worried” is an understatement…
- Subarashiki Kono Sekai: I think I remember hearing about this series way back when, although I don’t know why. Its HypMic-esque aesthetic makes it of interest now (and it also benefits from the fact Slug is interested in it, so I’ll probably hear more about it as time goes by), but why I would’ve heard of this back in the day…no clue.
- 86: I’ve been hearing about this since its LN days from Astral.
- Tokyo Revengers: Heard about it, don’t know much about it.
- The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent: A lady-led isekai, like the 90s. Hopefully this will be a reprieve from all the bigger stuff.
- Edens Zero: I didn’t mind Fairy Tail, I just sorta…dropped out on it. Let’s give Hiro Mashima a second chance
(although I finished Monster Soul without a hitch ages ago).
- Mars Red: Started watching the short series that goes with it, so I may as well go through with it.
- Bakuten: Saito Soma has become the new “guy I will watch an anime for”. The subject matter is kinda eh, though one visual I saw for it looked plenty sparkly.
- Seven Knights Revolution: Ume!
- Shakunetsu Kabbadi: The one anime where all the voice actors I know converge, for some reason.
I know, I’m behind on several seasons’ worth of stuff as it stands, but I’m still getting myself out of this mess. I even cut this list down a bunch because these lists just take a long time to compile…
So, what are you looking forward to in spring?